Pembroke High School Weekly Update
Dear PHS Families,
Here is this week's update. As usual, May is a busy month! As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with questions on these or any other matters.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE CLASS OF 2022:
With Graduation a little over a month away, here are some important reminders for our seniors and their families.
- Term 4 is a short one for our seniors, with the halfway mark being Thursday, May 5. Term 4 Progress Reports for seniors will be issued on Monday, May 9. There will only be two weeks of classes after those reports are issued.
- The last day of classes for seniors is Friday, May 20 (three short weeks away)
- The following week is Exam Week for seniors. Those days will be half-days for seniors only, with two exam periods per day, The last exam is Thursday, May 26.
- The following week is Senior Week, with a number of traditional activities
scheduled to celebrate the Senior Class.
- Tuesday, May 31 - Senior Dinner (Lakeside Villa 6:30-9:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 1 - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal (7:30-11:00 at PHS). All students attending our Graduation Ceremony must attend this rehearsal.
- Thursday, June 2
- Senior Walk (8:45 a.m. PHS Cafeteria and then off to the four other schools in the district)
- Class of 2022 Senior Awards and Scholarship Night (6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Randall Auditorium)
- Friday, June 3 - A day of rest!
- Saturday, June 4 - The Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony (10 a.m. on the PHS Athletic Complex)
- I will be meeting with the Senior Class this Monday during Advisory as well to review these matters.
Junior-Senior Prom is scheduled for Saturday, May 21 at the Seacrest Hotel in Falmouth from 7-11 p.m. Likewise, we are also hosting the annual Promenade in the PHS Gymnasium prior to our departure from the high school. The Promenade is slated to begin at 5 p.m so that we can get all students onto the coach buses and depart for Falmouth by 6:15 p.m.
- Tickets for The Prom are $85 and will go on sale this coming Monday, May 2 at all lunches and before and after school.
- The last day to purchase a ticket is Friday, May 13. This is a hard deadline so that we can give our final headcount to The Seacrest later that same afternoon.
- Checks can be made payable to PHS
- Students have been told that they must settle all outstanding obligations (fees, lost books, etc) before they are allowed to purchase a ticket. Any owed materials are listed in PowerSchool, so we have been asking students to look at their accounts.
- Outside guests are welcome provided that the Guest Form is filled out completely and presented at the time of purchasing a ticket. We cannot sell the guest's ticket without that form.
- All attendees should be in the PHS Cafeteria by 4:15 p.m for a light reception. This will allow us to check everyone in and prepare for the Promenade.
- All students must take the coach bus transportation to and from The Seacrest.
Beginning this Monday, the annual two-week AP testing window opens. You can find the schedule for AP exam testing by clicking here, and parents of testing students can click here for a reminder of important procedural matters for all test-takers. Best of luck to all of our AP students over the course of the next two weeks.
May also marks the resumption of our MCAS testing for our tenth graders. The Mathematics MCAS testing window will be on May 17 and 18. Next week, all sophomores will start receiving important testing information (room locations, times, etc) in their emails. As a reminder, our freshmen will take the Biology MCAS on June 7 and 8.
PHS STUDENT ACCOLADES:
As usual, there are so many great things happening here at PHS, and our students are earning some accolades for their accomplishments:
- Congratulations to our Term 3 Honor Roll Students. You can see the complete list by clicking here. Great work!!!
- While Mr. Tinker is not a student, our Technology Integration Specialist was recently named as MassCUE's Featured Educator for the month of April. MassCUE is the state's leading digital teaching and learning organization, and we are very proud of Mr. Tinker's accomplishments.
- Congratulations and many thanks to the PHS chapter of Best Buddies. Thanks to the hard work of these students, led by President Ella Rothhaar and Vice President Avery Rappaport, PHS is hosting its second Best Buddies Prom tonight from 6-9 p.m. Students from schools throughout the South Shore will enjoy a night of dining, dancing, and other fun activities.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES OF NOTE:
- 4/29 - Best Buddies Prom (PHS Gymnasium 6-9 p.m.)
- 5/2-5/13 - AP Exams
- 5/4 - ERD (dismissal at 11:10 p.m.)
- 5/5 - Parent University (6:30-8:30 Randall Auditorium)
- 5/9 - T4 Progress Reports for seniors distributed
- 5/17 - PHS Visual Arts Night (6:30-8 p.m.)
- 5/17-5/18 - Mathematics MCAS for all sophomores
- 5/20 - Last day of classes for seniors
- 5/21 - PHS Junior-Senior Prom and Promenade
- 5/23-5/26 - Final exams for seniors (half-days)
- 5/23 - T4 Progress Reports for grades 9-11
- 5/27 - T4 Grades close for seniors
Thanks, everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions on these or any other matters.