Pembroke High School Weekly Update
Dear PHS Families,
Here is this week's update. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with questions on these or any other matters.
TERM 3 REPORT CARDS:
Yesterday was the first day of Term 4. With the grades for Term 3 now closed, report cards will be issued to students during E-Block on Thursday, April 14. We wish all of our students and families the best for a successful final term of the 2021-22 school year!
END OF THE YEAR - IMPORTANT DATES:
Speaking of the final term of the year, we thought it would be a good idea to remind folks of some important year-end dates as the calendar turns to May and June.
- Our Junior-Senior Prom is scheduled for Saturday, May 21 at the Seacrest Hotel in Falmouth from 7-11 p.m. It has been two years since we have been able to host a traditional Prom, and we are so happy for all of our students that we are able to do so. Likewise, we are also hosting the annual Promenade in the PHS Gymnasium prior to our departure from the high school. The Promenade is slated to begin at 5 p.m so that we can get all students onto the coach buses and depart for Falmouth by 6:15 p.m. We will have many more details about the Prom in future email blasts. I am meeting with the Junior Class Officers and Advisors this coming Monday to discuss all of the Prom's logistics!
- The last day of school for the Class of 2022 is Thursday, May 26. The last day of classes for our seniors is Friday, May 20. Students will then take their final exams on May 23-26 (half-days for seniors), where they will then enjoy a nice four-day Memorial Day weekend before Graduation Week Activities. Again, we will have many more details about these events, but here is a glimpse of what is in store for our seniors during that week:
- Tuesday, May 31 - Senior Dinner (Lakeside Villa 6:30-9:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 1 - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal (7:30-11:00 at PHS). All students attending our Graduation Ceremony must attend this rehearsal.
- Thursday, June 2
- Senior Walk (8 a.m. PHS Cafeteria and then off to the four other schools in the district)
- Class of 2022 Senior Awards and Scholarship Night (6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Randall Auditorium)
- Friday, June 3 - A day of rest!
- Saturday, June 4 - The Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony (10 a.m. on the PHS Athletic Complex)
- The last day of school for students in grades 9-11 is Wednesday, June 22. The last day of classes is Wednesday, June 15. Students will then take their final exams on June 16, 17, 21, and 22 (half-days). All students and families are reminded that attendance is required during exam week, as only students with an excused absence are permitted to reschedule their exams. Parents are urged to review our PHS Student Handbook for an explanation of what constitutes an excused absence.
- The PHS Underclassmen Awards Night is scheduled for Thursday, June 9 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Randall Auditorium.
NEASC DECENNIAL ACCREDITATION VISIT - PARENT SURVEY
Every 10 years, high schools across New England undergo an accreditation process with the New England Association of School and Colleges (NEASC). This process closely examines how well schools align to a researched-based set of practices and concepts that provide guidance to schools on all aspects of education - academic, civic, and social. Pembroke High School is hosting an Accreditation Visiting Team in the Fall of 2024. I gave this NEASC Presentation to our school committee back in December of 2021.
As part of our preparation for the visit, our staff is currently completing a Self-Study Report, where we look at the Standards for Accreditation and complete a self-reflection to see how well we feel we align to the standards. As a part of that self-study, we are eager to get feedback from all stakeholders, including students and parents, to see how well they think our school meets the needs of its students and families. We will be speaking with students about this matter during Advisory this coming Monday, and we are asking any parents and caregivers that are interested in participating to click on this link to take the survey. We appreciate your help with this important process.
PHS STUDENT ACCOLADES:
As usual, there are so many great things happening here at PHS, and our students are earning some accolades for their accomplishments:
- Congratulations and best of luck to these 13 PHS Performing Artists, who are participating in the Southeastern District Music Festival at Brockton High School this weekend.
- Vinny Barone
- Eva Dannison
- Chloe Holt
- Emma McCarthy
- Susie McCarthy
- Sammy McKenna
- Dan Moore
- Kevin Murphy
- Ava Murrin
- Jill Ponognis
- Cam Reilly
- Alie Stone
- Alli Zeoli
- Congratulations to freshman Jennifer Birolini, who was named to The Boston Globe's Winter All-Scholastic Girls' Ice Hockey Team for her amazing season this past winter.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES OF NOTE:
- 4/8 - Credit for Life Fair (for our seniors)
- 4/14 - T3 Report Cards issued
- 4/15 - No School - Good Friday
- 4/18-4/22 - No School April Vacation
- 4/28 - Best Buddies Prom (PHS Gymnasium 6-9 p.m.)
Thanks, everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions on these or any other matters.