Indoor Mask Update
In light of the declining COVID case counts, hospitalizations, and deaths throughout the state, and after consultation with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), the Town of Pembroke Heath Agent, and the Pembroke School Committee, the decision was made to implement the following guidelines and infection control strategies for all of our 2021 Summer Programs:
- Masks are no longer required in indoor and outdoor settings for students or staff.
- Unvaccinated students and staff, and any individual who feels more comfortable, are encouraged to wear masks indoors if they choose.
- Other mitigation strategies will remain in place:
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they are feeling symptoms of illness, even if mild, unless there is a clear alternative diagnosis for the symptoms.
- Frequent hand washing.
- 3 foot distancing in classroom settings.
- Open windows and maximum ventilation in the buildings.
We will continue to monitor trends and any new cases, and if conditions change, we may need to re-evaluate these strategies.
DESE has advised school districts that masks and social distancing will not be required when school reopens in September. If that changes in any way, we will provide updates later in the summer.
Please reach out if you have any questions.