Return to Learn Update & Clarification
Good Afternoon Pembroke Families,
We have received feedback regarding yesterday's communication regarding our Return to Learn Plan.
- The Cohort D model remains the same.
- Mondays will continue to be remote for all students.
- Grades not included in Phase One (4, 5, 6, 7, 9,10) will continue to attend school in person two days per week until Phase Two begins.
Since our Return to Learn plan was released Tuesday, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has released new transportation guidance. Please keep in mind; increased bus ridership has the potential for an increase in close contact identification.
New Transportation Plan/Elementary Students:
- Cohort A students currently riding the bus on Tuesdays and Thursdays will be allowed to ride the bus on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Cohort B students currently riding the bus on Wednesdays and Fridays will be allowed to ride the bus on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Cohort C students that are now riding the bus for four days will continue to do so.
New Transportation Plan/Secondary Students:
- Bus capacity for secondary students has increased to two students per seat in communities with a high prevalence rate or red designation on the stoplight metrics.
- Bus restrictions for secondary students have been lifted for communities with a low prevalence rate or yellow or green designation on the stoplight metrics.
- Pembroke will increase bus capacity to accommodate two secondary students per seat.
We will send out a form next week so that families may request four transportation days. If you are currently riding the bus, you must complete the form for four days of ridership so that we have up to date and accurate information.
Please continue to reach out with questions and concerns.