Return to Learn - March 2021
February 10, 2021
Good Afternoon Pembroke Families:
At their meeting last night, the Pembroke School Committee approved a phased return to in-person learning plan for our students.
- Phase 1: The week of 3/15, students will return in grades 2,3,8,11 & 12 to four days of in-person learning, Tuesday - Friday.
- Phase 2: The week of 3/29, students will return in grades 4,5,6,7,9 & 10 to four days of in-person learning, Tuesday - Friday.
Our students in PreK, kindergarten, and grade 1 are already in person for four days. Mondays will continue to be a Remote Learning Day for all Pembroke Public Schools students. Attached is an updated School Calendar.
Phase 1 of the plan is detailed in the attached slides.
- Bringing additional students back in Phase 1 & Phase 2 requires decreasing the spacing between student desks in some classrooms to between 4.5 and 6 ft of space. In our current model, all student desks are 6 feet apart.
- The current transportation capacity restrictions do not allow us to add additional students to the busses. If your student(s) is currently taking the bus on Tues/Thurs and transitioning to 4 days of in-person learning, transportation on Wed/Fri is the family's responsibility.
- We have a limited number of available bus seats and will work with you to arrange bus transportation wherever possible.
- Until a seat becomes available, pick and drop off is the parent/guardian's responsibility.
- We anticipate updated transportation guidance in early March to allow for additional capacity.
- Our current local and student health data is trending in a positive direction. If local and student health data changes (i.e., a dramatic increase in the number of positive student cases following February break), the School Committee will be reevaluating whether or not to move forward with the plan.
We anticipate families will have many questions regarding our plan to return to in-person learning. We will be offering several district-wide Q&A opportunities the week of 2/22 and 3/1.
- 2/24 at 3:30 pm meet.google.com/hxv-djsj-
- 2/25 at 6:30 pm meet.google.com/zvx-pccv-fjc
- 3/3 at 5:00 pm meet.google.com/dtt-mvdn-qnt
Each of our schools will be offering school-specific Q&A opportunities for families the week of 3/8. Log in information will be shared from the buildings at a later date.
The School Committee will continue to discuss the logistics associated with the plan at their 2/23 and 3/2 School Committee meetings.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.