Course Registration Update
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
We hope you are well, and everyone is home staying healthy and safe. While we understand that we are all focusing on what education will look like for the rest of the 2019-20 school year, we are also thinking about next year as well.
Prior to the shutdown of school, we began the Course Selection Process for students in grades 8-11. To keep that momentum going, we have decided to open the course selection process for the 2020-2021 school year so that students that did not get the chance to do so can choose their classes from home.
The Program of Studies and the Course Elective Option Sheet can be found on the PHS Guidance Department webpage, as both of these documents will be helpful for students when selecting their courses. The PowerSchool course selection portal will remain open through April 6, 2020.
To select courses for next year, please read this important information and follow the steps below:
- You will need to login to PowerSchool: https://ps.pembrokek12.org/public/home.html
(Course selection cannot be completed on the PowerSchool app).
If you need your PowerSchool login/password you can email your Guidance Counselor. Contact information is:
Grade 8 – Erin Goitia – Erin.Goitia@pembrokek12.org
Robin Conathan: Robin.Conathan@pembrokek12.org
Grades 9 & 10 - A-E
Grade 11 – A-F
Kelly Turner: Kelly.Turner@pembrokek12.org
Grade 9 & 10 – F-L
Grade 11 – G-L
James Shannon: James.Shannon@pembrokek12.org
Grades 9 & 10 – M-R
Grade 11 – M-P
Kerran Goff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 9 & 10 – S-Z
Grade 11 – Q-Z
- Once logged in, click on “Class Registration”
- You must select a total of 28 credits and 3 alternate elective courses in order to submit course selections. You may select a Directed Study each semester if you would like a study hall. (Directed Study does not have course credits)
- Students will be required to select the course/level for which they have been recommended by their teachers. However, after doing so, they can email their counselors indicating that they would like to pursue a “level override” upon return from school. Once we do return, we will open up a “level override” window for appeals to be heard.
- If you are entering grades 10-12 you may opt to choose: “Bona Fide Team Member of an MIAA Sport” instead of a physical education course. Students selecting this option are indicating that they will successfully complete one full season as a bona fide team member of a junior varsity or varsity athletic team, sanctioned by both Pembroke High School and the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). Students also understand that if they select this option but do not successfully complete a full season as a bona fide team member (change of mind; cut, quit, or otherwise removed from a team), students will be placed in the next available physical education class or placed in two physical education classes the next school year, if applicable.
- If you are on an IEP please be sure to select “Academic Support” and select any courses that teachers recommended.
- Please do not select the same course more than once. Please be sure to select different alternate courses. All duplicates will be deleted, it does NOT increase your chance of getting a course.
- Please be sure to read the course descriptions prior to selecting a course. It is important that you are interested and willing to take the courses you select, including alternates as you may get those courses!
If you have any questions please reach out to your guidance counselors for assistance we will all actively be checking our email and will be available to assist you.
Lead Guidance Counselor
781-293-4023 ext. 2121
S-Z Grade 9 & 10
Q-Z Grade 11
P-Z Grade 12