What if my child needs medication in school?

Medication may not be given in school until the school nurse receives written orders from the student's medical provider /dentist. A parent or guardian signature is also required. This applies to both prescription and over the counter medications including inhalers, ointments, ear/eye drops, Tylenol, etc. If medications are to be given in school, read guidelines on the medication administration page.