Middle School Supports
A small-group class focused on strengthening students’ reading skills, fluency, vocabulary, and writing skills. Students identified based on teacher recommendations and assessment scores.
A small-group math class focused on strengthening students’ mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills. Students identified based on teacher recommendations and assessment scores.
Daily 35-minute block
Used for extra support & enrichment
Assigned a TT ‘home base’
~ 14-15 students
The schedule may change weekly
~ Enriching Students
A fluctuating schedule will begin several weeks after the start of school.
After school help
- Teachers are available after school on Mondays, Tuesdays and/or Thursdays for students that need extra help.
- There are ‘late buses’ for students to get home (must have a bus pass).
- Late buses begin a few weeks after school starts.
KID DAY: Team teachers, school psychologist, guidance counselors, and administrators meet weekly to discuss and review any student concerns.
STUDENT UPDATE MEETING: Principal, assistant principal, school nurse, guidance counselors, and school psychologist meet weekly to review and discuss student concerns.
School Psychologist and School Counselors
- Available to provide emotional, academic and/or organizational support
- Individual student check-ins- 4X a year