Camp Bournedale 2023
Welcome to the Camp Bournedale Information Page.
We are currently making plans for the sixth grade Camp Bournedale Camp trip this spring. We have booked May 15-May 19th for the trip.
Camp Bournedale is a weeklong residential education program. Camp Bournedale encourages children to learn more about various academic subjects by exploring and participating in exciting hands-on activities.
A representative from Camp Bournedale will be coming to Pembroke to host an informational meeting for parents/guardians on March 9, 2023 at 6:30 PM. This meeting will take place at Pembroke High School.
This trip is completely voluntary. If you, together with your child, decide not to participate in this trip, your child will attend regular classes that week, including specialists. We plan for all sixth-grade students to attend Camp Bournedale unless a parent/guardian contacts us.
If you are unable to attend the meeting but wish to volunteer or have any questions, please contact Sharon Monteforte: Sharon.Monteforte@Pembrokek12.org.
Please continue to check this website for additional updates and information throughout the year.
Volunteer to Chaperone!
Please consider volunteering for the sixth-grade trip to Camp Bournedale! This trip relies on parent chaperones to be successful and we appreciate parents who volunteer and support the program. Chaperones will be placed in groups/cabins according to need, and we cannot guarantee placement with their children.
Approximate times chaperones are needed are from 7:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Please indicate on the volunteer sign up if you need to arrive later or leave earlier than these times.
If you are able to help, please complete the form linked below.
In order to be a chaperone, please complete a CORI form and submit it to your elementary school's main office.
CORI checks can take several weeks and must be completed in advance of the trip, so it is important to sign up early.
Camp B Volunteer Paperwork
Mandatory Paperwork Night
The Camp Bournedale Mandatory Paperwork Drop-Off Night will be held at each school. This is a chance to have any last-minute questions answered and turn in the required paper-work. The drop-off and pick-up logistics will also be handed out that night.
All parent volunteers should plan on staying after the meeting to go over the chaperone requirements.
Bryantville Elementary Paperwork Drop-Off Night is April 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM.
North Pembroke Paperwork Drop-Off Night is April 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM.
- All students coming to Camp Bournedale must have a completed health form. Camp Bournedale has a full-time registered nurse on-site at all times. Please note their medical form requires a doctor's signature in order for her to dispense with any and all medication, including over-the-counter medicine.
- A suggested clothing and supply list is provided. It should be kept in mind that students will be participating in many hands-on activities and, invariably, many changes of clothing will be necessary. The students should have plenty of warm and comfortable clothing. This is a suggestion guide. We strongly advise parents to label all clothing and equipment.
- Please remember NO cell phones or electronic devices are allowed at Camp Bournedale.
- Family or friends who wish to send letters to their children while they are at Camp Bournedale should bring the letters to school on Monday, May 15th. Please label all of the letters with the child's full name and night to be delivered. (Night 1, 2, 3, 4). Letters will be delivered to the students by the Camp Bournedale Chaperones.
- There is a MANDATORY paperwork drop-off meeting in May. All paperwork and forms must be submitted and additional details such as pick up and drop off procedures will be outlined at this meeting.
Camp Bournedale payments will be collected by the central office of Pembroke Public Schools.
All checks should be made payable to Pembroke Public Schools. Please include your phone number, your child's name and school in the memo section of the check.
Payments can be mailed to:
Pembroke Public Schools Administrative Offices
72 Pilgrim Road
Pembroke, MA 02359
Attn: Lori Jacobs
Any questions regarding payments should be directed to Lori Jacobs at 781-829-0832.
Total Cost: $395.00
50 % Deposit- Due 3/13/23
Final Payment 4/6/23
Please contact your building principal directly with any questions or concerns regarding the cost of the program.