How to Apply for Free and Reduced School Meals

  • Applications for free and reduced meals are to be distributed during the first week of school to each student and should be filled out by a parent or guardian. They are to be returned to the Foodservices Manager for review and approval or rejection based on federal guidelines for financial need. In addition, applications shall be available in the main office of each school upon request and likewise in the District Business Office at any time during the school year. Applications for free and reduced-price meals must be completed each year for each applicant student attending Pembroke Schools.

    Please use these instructions to help you fill out the application for free or reduced-price school meals. You only need to submit one application per household, even if your children attend more than one school in the Pembroke Public School District. The application must be filled out completely to certify your children for free or reduced-price school meals. Please follow these instructions in order. Each step of the instructions is the same as the steps on your application.

    If at any time you are not sure what to do next, please contact:

    Cindy Lucas-Terra
    Foodservices Manager
    72 Pilgrim Road
    Pembroke, MA 02359
    (339) 244-5045


    How to Apply for Free and Reduced School Meals Instructions


    Income Eligibility Guidelines can be found on the Income Eligibility page of the USDA Food and Nutrition Services website.

Food Services Frequently Asked Questions

Non-Discrimination Statement

  • Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)     mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
              Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
              1400 Independence Avenue, SW
              Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)      email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.