Peer Registration Process
Step 1: Preschool Peer Application
The Preschool Peer Application is required in order for your child to be entered into the preschool program selection process. The application becomes available in January of the year prior to enrollment and will be posted at the bottom of this page. You must hand-deliver your completed peer application to the North Pembroke Elementary School Main Office by the date and time indicated on the application. You will be contacted to schedule your child’s screening appointment.
Step 2: Screening
You will need to attend the screening as scheduled. To be considered as a peer for our preschool program, applicants are expected to demonstrate age-appropriate skills in the following areas: speech and language, cognitive abilities, fine and gross motor skills, and socialization and behavioral skills.
Step 3: Preschool Notification
Peers will be selected following the screening process. Peers are selected in order to create balanced, heterogeneous classrooms based on age, gender, and abilities.
All applicants will receive a letter notifying whether or not they were selected into the program. Parents of students selected will receive a letter from the school with their program placement. If you choose not to send your child to our Preschool Program, please notify us immediately.
Step 4: Deliver Required Documentation for Registration and Deposit Payment
You will be required to bring the following documentation to the North Pembroke Elementary School Main Office:
- Deed, lease agreement, mortgage bill, tax bill, electric bill, or water bill (dated within the past two months)
- Current driver's license or valid photo ID
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization and physician's examination records
- Previous school records (if applicable)
- Copy of court/custody papers (if applicable)
- If you reside with a friend or family member and do not own or lease your home, the homeowner must submit a NOTARIZED letter stating you and your child(ren) reside with them at their Pembroke address. The homeowner will also need to submit a copy of their deed, lease agreement, mortgage bill, tax bill, electric bill or water bill.
The deposit amount indicated on your program placement letter will also be required at this time.
Step 5: Pre-Registration Online Forms
Once you have received notification from the school that your child has been accepted into the preschool program, and you have provided the documentation in Step 4 above, you must complete the online registration packet.
Please Note: These are pre-registration forms only. You will be asked to complete a full registration packet the July prior to enrollment. These packets will include important updates, parent signature forms, and free/reduced lunch applications.
Step 6: Complete the Full Online Registration Packet
During the summer months prior to your child's Preschool year, you must complete the full online registration packet. The packet will include important updates and parent signature forms. You will receive a broadcast email with further instructions when the summer packet becomes available.
If you have any further questions, please contact:
- The application deadline will be Friday, February 26th by 2:30 PM. All applications must be delivered in-person to North Pembroke Elementary School.
- The office will call to schedule a screening and email confirmation of receipt for the application.
- Screenings will be held on Monday, March 8th, or Monday, March 29th at 8:30, 9:30, or 10:30 AM.
- Notification letters will be mailed on Monday, April 12th.
- Deposits and full registration paperwork will be due by Monday, May 3rd.
- The cost for the full-day preschool program is $5,500.00 and the cost for the half-day preschool program is $2,200.00. *Subject to the Pembroke School Committee