Financial Aid & Scholarship Information
CLASS OF 2023 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Seniors attended their Guidance Scholarship Seminars at the end of January. Scholarships are posted in Naviance and will continue to update through March. Students were provided a demonstration on how to search for scholarships, complete applications and request transcripts. All of the scholarships include specific application instructions and deadlines, it is important for students to read through each application thoroughly and pay attention to detail to submission instructions. Scholarships will be awarded at the Senior Awards Night in June.
To search for scholarships, students should follow the steps below:
- Login to Naviance utilizing Clever
- Click on "Colleges" at the stop of the screen
- Click on Scholarship Search
**Scholarships are also posted on the bulletin board outside of guidance**
The Scholarship Transcript Request Form is available to download below, it is also posted on the Guidance Webpage, in the Seniors Guidance Google Classroom and is also available in the Guidance Office.
Seniors should complete the Electronic Transcript Request Form if they are required to upload a PDF transcript directly to the scholarship application. Per usual, please submit the form a minimum of 5 days prior to the scholarship deadline to provide time to process.
- Click here to download the scholarship transcript request form.
- Click here to view scholarships that are available to seniors who reside in Pembroke but do not attend PHS
Scholarship Search Tips:
- Apply to as many as applicable. Scholarships with essay requirements have much fewer applicants.
- Pay attention to deadlines, requirements (essay, letters of rec, and where to send application (Guidance Office or Scholarship Committee).
- Work with your son or daughter throughout this process. Break it down into a manageable amount of work and explain the importance of applying.
- Complete the Scholarship Transcript Request Form if required and submit to Mrs. Webb a minimum of 5 days before the deadline.
- Click here to find out how much the Abigail Adams Scholarships are worth by college/university.
- To view and apply for National Scholarships: www.fastweb.com
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is a form completed by current and prospective college students to determine their eligibility for student financial aid. Completing this form can qualify students for federal grants, loans & work study programs. To get started visit: www.studentaid.gov.
Students and parents should each register for an FSA ID - The ID is made up of a username and password and can be used to log into the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid form.
The FAFSA is available to file on October 1st.
Please watch this helpful Youtube video for a guide on creating your FSA ID.
MASSACHUSETTS FAFSA DAY
Get FREE Help Applying for College Financial Aid!
FAFSA Day is a non-profit, volunteer driven program providing free assistance to students and families seeking to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
THE CSS PROFILE:
The CSS Profile, short for the College Scholarship Service Profile, is an online application created and maintained by the College Board that allows college students to apply for non-federal financial aid. Not all colleges require the CSS Profile.
Click here to see if your college requires this form.
Click here to complete the CSS Profile.
MASSACHUSETTS EDUCATIONAL FINANCING AUTHORITY (MEFA)
MEFA is a non-profit organization that assist with student loans and provides guidance on ways to pay for college. MEFA offers education programs on planning and paying for college, tax-advantage savings plans, low-cost loans and expert guidance in financing for students and parents.
- MEFA's Understanding the FAFSA webinar for families walks through the application page by page and includes general tips and helpful resources
- FAFSA Day Massachusetts is offering virtual events from November to February that allow families to meet with a financial aid expert and get FAFSA help
- MEFA's family webinar, What to Know about the About the CSS Profile, gives guidance specific to the application required by roughly 270 colleges and universities
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool explains what to know about this key component within the FAFSA
- Reporting Income on Financial Aid Applications and Defining Assets on Financial Aid Applications help students and families answer questions on their applications accurately